Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bleedin' Purple and Gold :)

Hello, hello, hello!  I'm hoping the week has treated you all very kindly (and if it hasn't... remember that Friday is just around the corner!)  :)

We finally got some rain yesterday, although pre-storm we had some mucky-swamp humidity going on.  It was gross!  I don't know how Floridians do it!!  Anyway, onto the mani...

Today's nails are inspired by my all-time favorite basketball team... the Lakers :D  Now, my boys have had it hard this season and it seems like one bad thing happens after another.  My favorite player, Derek Fisher, was traded this season and I'm still pretty upset about it :'(  I could go on and on about how amazingly wonderful that man is but I'll refrain.  His being traded gave me the true inspiration for these nails (he will always be Laker #2 in my book!).

Lakers, purple and gold, Derek Fisher, nail art, maniLakers, purple and gold, Derek Fisher, nail art, mani
 Colors Used: Cosmetic Arts - Explosive, Sinful Colors - Dream On, Sinful Colors - Snow Me White

I really like the way they turned out!  I'm going to be pretty sad when I have to take them off lol. I do have a couple of comments (questions?) about this mani.  I currently have 4 neon polishes in my collection and they all paint really streaky and the finish is flat (I wouldn't necessarily call it a matte finish, but it's very dull).  Is that normal for neons?  I haven't seen a lot of the nail bloggers talk about the formula with these polishes and I'm a little curious o.O  That being said, a top coat is my best bud when I use my neons hahaha.

I'm going to be painting some friend's/family's nail in the next couple of days so those will probably be the mani's you will see over this weekend.  And it looks like I'll have a fairly full schedule so if I miss a day I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me!  ;)  So, what do you think??  I love how bright and fun they are!!

Until next time!

Stef <3

6 comments:

  1. super cute! i've heard neons all have that type of finish, and i just tried out china glaze - flip flop fantasy and saw it for myself. streaky as well, takes a bit of practice to get it right!

    stumbled upon your blog somehow, looks great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm glad it's not just me *phew*! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from Just Add Polish giving you The Versatile Blogger award. I'm always on the lookout for more blogs with nice nail art to inspire me, so I definitely clicked 'follow'. :) Looking forward to seeing more pretty stuff on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that she nominated me!! I have to go and thank her right right now. Thank you so much for the love and for following me, I'm excited to see where this will go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! Your manis are awesome!! I'm following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete