Saturday, August 10, 2013

Neon Week - Edgy Highlighter

Happy Saturday everybody!

I hope you all are having a glorious weekend.  I just got back from a little "me-time" shopping trip and while I'm ready to do the dropping that happens after shopping I thought I'd share another neon mani with you :)

China Glaze Celtic Sun, Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, neon, highlighter, yellow, black and white glitter, simple, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: China Glaze - Celtic Sun, Hard Canhy - Black Tie Optional

I tried to fudge the saturations and such the last time I snapped photos of Celtic Sun.  This time around I decided to take off the white backing of my light tent and just let the polish do its thing.  I think I'm going to stick with a black background for my photos from now one because I really like the look...


I started with a white base and then applied 2 coats of Celtic Sun (blindingly highlighter-ish in person).  I then applied 2 thin coats of Black Tie Optional.


Super simple and yet oh so fun.  Sometimes you've just gotta give yourself a creative break and Black Tie Optional is on of my favorite toppers when this mood arises.  It's just so cool!

Some news!  I will be participating in a nail collaboration on Instagram this week :D  This is being put together/run/made possible by the lovely Amber of Nails Like Lace.  I've been a fan of hers for a long time so when she mentioned the idea of starting a rainbow nails collab I jumped at the opportunity.  I will be posting my manicure soon, but you can find out more by checking out #collablikerainbows2013 :)

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. So fun and bright! I love black and white glitters too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on OPI recognizing your nail art - it was an amazing gradient!
    I love the base colour you've used and your leopard print is great! :)
    Vietnam Hair,
    Vietnamese hair,
    Vietnam human hair,
    vietnam remy hair,
    Vietnam virgin hair
    Clip in hair
    Tape in hair
    Lace closure

    ReplyDelete