Monday, January 20, 2014

" I Have A Dream..."

Hello dearies!

Today we in the U.S. celebrate the life and works of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  Being a Black American myself, I have a lot to thank him for.  I am his dream realized and that's a pretty overwhelming feeling. I thought I would do a dream-like mani for the holiday :)

MLK, Martin Luther King Jr, I Have A Dream, dreams, dream land, slumber land, night sky, clouds, stars, Revlon Royal, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Revlon - Royal, Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, Spellbound Nails - Pishsalver (Drink Me), Sally Hansen - Butter-fly Stroke

Fluffly clouds lining a dreamy night sky, kind of like a slumber land :)  I really love the way this turned out!  I started with 2 coats of Revlon's infamous Royal, a royal blue jelly.  It's seriously one of my all time fave polishes in my collection.


  I then used a medium sized dotting tool to create the puffy clouds.  I lightly brushed on some white matte glitters (Spellbound Nails Pishsalver) and then, with a striping brush, I added some yellow twinkling stars.  I top coated with Duri Miracote :)

Dreams really do come true...


It's amazing to see the strides my country has taken in the last 50 years.  I'm dreaming for others now, in the hopes that one day there truly will be equality for all...

Until next time!

Stef <3

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love how dreamy and whimsical it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the base colour you've used! It's such a nice blue! Martin Luther King was so inspiring - this mani is a great way to show this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, they're dreamy and yet somehow hopeful looking -- a great representation of the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr! Pishsalver on top is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete